Who do you want to be tomorrow? What do you want your life to look like?
To some extent, the direction of our lives will always be influenced by factors that are outside our control. Nevertheless, the older we are, the more our circumstances are shaped by our own past actions. Much that is good or bad in our lives today is the result of what we did in the past. It follows, then, that much that will happen to us in future will be determined by what we do today.
The effects we experience today are a result of yesterday’s causes. The effects we will experience tomorrow will be the result of today’s causes. We reap, as they say, what we sow.
- The seeds we plant today determine the crops we can reap tomorrow.
- The choices that we make today determine the choices that are available to us tomorrow.
- The things we attend to today feed the thoughts we think tomorrow.
- The friendships that we nurture today are the friends we have tomorrow.
- The questions we ask today determine the answers that we’ll receive tomorrow.
- What habits we grow today determine who we become tomorrow.
Who do you want to be tomorrow? What do you want your life to look like? And what are you doing about it?
- Original image courtesy Wikimedia Commons.
One thought on “Today is Father of Tomorrow”