Use these simple hacks to feed your spirit and keep your energy levels high.
When you’re busy at work, it is easy to loose sight of the things that motivate you. Here are a few simple methods to stoke your inner fire. They may not all be relevant to your circumstances, but I’ll bet that some of them can be adapted to suit your workplace.
- Put up pictures of the things that matter to you.
- Set your phone to vibrate once an hour. Be thankful for something every time you notice it vibrate.
- Whenever you walk through a door, think about an area where you’re growing.
- Schedule time to review your mission.
- Buy a desk calendar with a quote for the day.
- Choose a password that reminds you what you stand for.
- Regularly meet up with people who inspire you.
- Write an encouraging note to yourself and put it in your lunch box.
- Repeat a mantra every time you receive an email.
- Put coloured dots on your furniture. Every time you notice them, appreciate someone who matters to you.
- Forgive someone every time you visit the rest room.
- Go outside at lunchtime.
- Sign up to an email service that sends you daily inspiration.
- Add prayer and meditation to your to-do list.
- Listen to a motivating talk.
- Set up an inspiring screen saver.
- Seek out a mentor.
- Frame your favourite quote and hang it on the wall.
- Put on music that energises you.
- Share a joke with your workmates.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Image courtesy iwanbeijes via FreeImages.com.
One thought on “20 Ways to Feed Your Spirit at Work”