In this work He values:
- The things He does in us over what He does for us
- Giving us meaning over making us whole
- Developing our character over our material prosperity
- Helping us change over making us comfortable
- Where we are going over where we are now
That is, while He values the items on the right, He value the items on the left more.
Principles behind the Jesus Manifesto
He follows these principles (amongst others):
- His highest priority is to satisfy God by enabling his followers to become like Him.
- Jesus is willing to enlist failures, even late in life. Jesus enlists us as failures and then enables us to make the best of our potential.
- He improves us over the course of their lives, as quickly as we are willing and able to change, with a preference for a shorter time-scale.
- Jesus and his followers must work together daily throughout the project.
- He builds a Church on passionate individuals, giving the support needed, and trusts us to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of communicating His intentions is through the Bible.
- Character is the primary measure of progress.
- Jesus promotes sustainable growth. We can keep on growing indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to moral excellence and healthy discipline enhances progress.
- Worship–the art of putting God first–is essential.
- The best methods, programs and initiatives for spreading this message emerge from small, self-organized groups.
- At regular intervals, we are expected to reflect on how to become more Jesus-like, then adjusts our behavior accordingly.